Friday, January 13, 2012


 
White boxes seen on picture above are made of airboard - the purpose of them is after pouring of concrete they will be taken off and to be drilled holes from water side up to 31 metres underground,reinforced with special steel lines,poured with concrete by injection as well.It will hold the wall against falling to the water. Total weight one of them will be 80 tonns     
 
 Steel fixing during progress.Grey plastic pipes will use the drilling service to be drilled from the boat at angle through those pipes.
 
Piling service in action.They were unable to finish up piling due to geological structure problems underground.We've got about 6 weeks of delay until another piling machinery had arrived. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

2009 - 2010
Entire frosty winter that year I spent working mainly at inside finishing of my new home due to lack of job opportunities caused by low temperatures in my highlands area.To be unemployed winter time it's the one of the worst things as I know.Only 3 weeks in January I worked in my joinery workshop at furniture production of solid oak.It was furnitures for local court - counters,tables,desks,seats & chairs for judges made of stained solid oak and varnished with spray.
Assembling of roof on veranda
Fitting of timber floor - spruce boards with tongue and groove. 
Fitting of sheeting on the walls - sheeting comes in to the groove in string of stairs
View from bottom.
Arch over the door from corridor to dining room - made of stained pine timber,varnished with BONDEX Satin Finish.I think that it is one of the best varnishes for woodwork available in shops.
Arch & wall completed.Stairs will be assembled as last,to avoid scratches.
Attic conversion - it will be 2 rooms for kids.
View on partition made of 4 x 2 inches timber-one side already slabbed with plasterboard.
Arch door done myself to living room made of best quality spruce timber.
Radiator cover.
I
Partition behind the chimney - it will be some kind of wardrobe or store to use the free space.
Ceiling prepared for fitting of sheating
Start of fitting.
Partition for wardrobe to use free space over the stairs
------------------------------------------
In October 2009 I had to refuse the contract in Amsterdam at underground railway (formwork) as my dad was fatally sick (cancer) and I was the only person who was able to look after him until his death in 13th February 2010.As worse to be prepared for that job properly,I spent some money for VCA Cerificate (Dutch Safety Training Certificate valid until 2019) and other essential things as doctors examination for underground work,etc.
I tryed to delay start the job in there but unfortunately that job has gone.They rang to me 1st of April to ask me whether I am ready to start job underground or not.It was 2 days before Easter ,1st of April 2010 (joke?)- I answered them that I'll be ready to go next week.Past a couple days I got message from Amsterdam - no job for me.
In 7th of April I started work on site as winter had gone.But first days winter returned again for about week in mid of April.
My job in there was finishing up soffets made of spruce timber sheating,build up some partitions for slabbing on the attic,fitting window boards and window seals as well.

2009
In April of 2009,I and 3 of my friends started serious job on famous Annaholty Bogs,about 15km from Limerick at new motorway N7 site in progress with COFFEY CONSTRUCTION Ltd.
  This is the view seen when I first time arrived
 
Concrete piles made of steel & concrete seen above was piled into peat-bog average from 30 up to 45 meters deep until met solid rock under bog.
If over 45 m of deepness wasn't solid rock underneath,so was made big concrete beam covering sometimes dozens of piles.
  Set up of steel cages on tops of piles.
  Setting up of shutters-was 4 sizes of pile caps: 105/105 cm,135/135 cm,155/155 cm and 185/185 cm (we hated them most as shutters was very heavy to carrying through the swamp-the MANITOU teleporter had not access to lift them everywhere)
  Ready shutters for pouring of concrete
   Jack finishing pile cap shutter Rolling heavy cages
  Cutting of piles with consaw-dusty job
  Concrete pump-necessary for pouring
 
At the end of June I got bad news from my family home in Poland - my father was very sick,nearly unable to any move.I resigned then of employment in Ireland and I returned to Poland to look after him as my dad required 24 hour of care.
 
 
------------------------------------------
2008

When I returned after Christmas holiday to Ireland from Poland,I and my friend Lucas took the job in Schull,Co.Cork as self-employed.
It was finishing of interiors in private house belonged to my former manager from COFFEY Ltd.(see 2007 year jobs).
 
Front view of that house-cladding was fitted of high quality Canadian pine with very narrow wood grain

We screwed all plasterboards,done all taping & jointing before in December 07 before Christmas,painted with rollers to cream colour in February 2008
After that tiled all ground floors & bathrooms with big size tiles 300 mm by 600 mm.

After that I fitted all woodwork including doors,skirtings,architraves,window boards and kitchen units as well.
Unit for oven & hob fitted

When our job inside was nearly finished,we've done all external jobs as : fencing & walls of blocks rendered
 
Front & rear deck of timber boards including balustrades with usual square spindles-also rear balcony on 1st floor.
Setting up to level bottom beams
Front decking
Jack paints top and bottom rails
Ceiling was made of high quality pine sheeting and painted on cream colour.


Boiler house in rear garden built of blocks roofed with plywood covered with felt using gas torch,separately I shuttered 2 stages for water & heating oil tanks.
------------------------------------
On February 2008 I was employed again after winter break with ICDS (Irish Construction Development Services) where I worked already until mid of September 2007.The first my job with them was at Kinsale Harbour,Co.Cork with Coffey Construction Ltd as carpenter.We built Master of Harbour House
Timber slats fitted with express nails for waterproof plywood screwed after
Partitions of 4 by 2 inches done for slabbing on the top floor-at present there is a Master of Kinsale Harbour Office
Roofing made of timber trusses
Edge of roof during progress
Top of roof
Jack at pouring of concrete & finishing
View on Kinsale Harbour
---------------------------------------------
My next job at the end of March 2008  was on building site in Carrigtohill-about 15 km from Cork.
ICDS sent me with other carpenters to help for one of the biggest & known construction company SISK & Sons Construction Ltd. - nearly finished factory unit for FOURNIER Ltd. - pharmaceutical company,one of many other pharmaceutical companies located in County Cork.We were working in there only 3 weeks.
 
The factory view from car park
 
Our job in there was making footpaths arround factory units - shutter and pouring of concrete with concrete finishing as well
Also,we had to move plywood fencing to other side of site and erect it again.
 
After finish of that job,I had to leave ICDS because was very quiet then-lack of job opportunities caused by downturn of buildings.
----------------------------------------
On April 2008,I got new employer - O'Neill & Brennan Recruitment,Little Island,Co.Cork-they sent us to the new job with MURPHY INTERNATIONAL LTD. on East Cork Gas Pipeline as shuttering carpenter-beside Aghada Power Plant in County Cork,Ireland.
Our task was to make concrete bases for pump station with 450mm pipes diameter from start to finish.
You can see below begining-put plastic and steel fixing
 
The stage seen below is a first one.Further you can see the Power Generation Station of Aghada.  
 
   Shutters seen below are with special pockets for pipes installation  And after striking shutters  Big stage for kiosk-ready for pouring     Pouring of concrete. My next job got from O'Neill & Brennan Recruitment on June 2008 was in Cork City with RIDGE Ltd. - shuttering of overhead beams on site of 24 houses for disabled people financed by Irish Government.
   View on full size of beam.Inside these walls will be small shops or other services (barber,manicure,shoe-repair etc.)  Steel fixing details  Set up of shutters  Ready for pouring of concrete  Jack in action-drilling with SDS power drill  Pouring of concrete with KATO crane  Striking of shutters.

No comments:

Post a Comment